Thought Without Fear

In my junior humanities course, A Nation's Argument, we studied what makes up an argument. Throughout our investigation of this topic, we learned that in order for something to be considered an argument there must be two positions with an end goal of clarification. A part of learning about what makes up an argument, we learned about deductive and inductive reasoning. We also analyzed the United States' Declaration of Independence of 1776 to get a better idea of what an effective argument looks like. As we analyzed the United State's Declaration of Independence, we found that other countries had similar reasons for declaring independence. For Field Experiences, we went to Chicago City Hall where we watched aldermen pass ordinances. We also went and talked to Alderman Walter Burnett of the 27th ward about his 25-years as Alderman, and how he has been able to keep a solid argument for so long. To wrap up our first unit of this course, Thesis: the 1770s, we were tasked to create our declaration of independence of our own. Below is my project.


In the end, I am proud of this project. I was really interested in the topic that I chose. I plan on continuing my research on this topic. This project was fun to complete because I was so invested in the subject. I learned so much in the process of making this project. Overall, I am satisfied with the results.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SDG2: Zero Hunger - Final Presentations

GR's Survival Guide to Becoming a Lawyer

Equitable Distribution of Wealth and Income