WHAT IN THE ANIMAL MIMICKING?!

Welcome to my second action project for Biomimicry. Biomimicry is an elective course which focuses on STEAM. There are 3 units in this class: Like A Plant, Like an Animal, and Like A Fungus. We just wrapped up Animals which was our second unit. In this unit, we learned about how different designs are inspired by animals. We learned terms like aerodynamics, Bernoulli's principle, the scientific method, and many more. We also learned about the 3 ways we can learn from animals. These 3 ways are Form, Process, and Ecosystem. In this unit, we didn't go on any Field Experiences because we brought the experiences to us. We had two different guests come in, one was Amy from Biomimicry Chicago and the other was Maya. Maya really helped us with our projects because she is an architect and she helped us create our designs which is something she does in her work as an architect. For this action project, we were challenged to create a 3D model of a sustainable structure and a vehicle that were inspired by animals in nature. Below is a slideshow of the work that I've done this past week.


I hope you enjoyed my designs as much as I had fun making them. Although it was stressful to make a 3D model in 2 hours, I think it came out pretty well. I do wish that we had more time for this project so that we could create a model for my transportation design as well but that would have caused more stress. It was hard to find ways to incorporate Fire Ant's unique adaptations to my design. It was even harder to incorporate the Black Marlin's adaption into my design without just mimicking its form. As you can probably tell, my sketch for my transportation design looked a bit rushed and that's because I'm not the best artistically. If I had to do this project again I would make a better sketch for the transportation design.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SDG2: Zero Hunger - Final Presentations

GR's Survival Guide to Becoming a Lawyer

Equitable Distribution of Wealth and Income